Large Group (10 and up)
Under 10 minutes
To develop hand-eye coordination and teamwork.
Skills Practiced: Volleyball serving
Before You Start
- Divide players into two teams
- Have each team stand on the serving line (back line of the volleyball court) on opposite sides of the court.
- Review how to serve a volleyball — non serving arm holds the ball with the same foot forward. Serving arm behind the body and that same foot back. Set forward and follow through with the serving arm striking the ball on the heel of the dominate hand.
Create a volleyball court with a net or string and boundary lines on the ground. You will need 3 – 8 soft volleyballs or similar sized soft balls to practice serving.
How to Play
- The goal is to serve the ball over the net and in bounds.
- If the ball does not go over the net then that player comes off the line and becomes a “floppy fish”, which lies down on the opposite side of the court.
- If the “floppy fish” gets hit by a serve from their own team, then they get to go back to the line and continue serving.
- The game ends when one team is all fish.