Large Group (10 and up)
15 - 25 Minutes
To develop teamwork, verbal communication and eye-foot coordination.
Skills Practiced: Endurance, evasion, kicking and awareness.
Before You Start
- Split players into three teams.
- Review soccer skills, such as dribbling and passing.
- Demonstrate using the soccer ball to move the big ball.
- Explain the rules of the game and have players repeat the rules back to you.
Create a playing area with cones in the shape of a triangle. Set up a goal on each side. Set the big ball in the middle of all three goals and the soccer balls in front of each of the goals.
How to Play
- Within each team, players must join arms with a partner so everyone moves in pairs.
- The goal is to kick the soccer balls so they hit the big ball into one of the goals.
- Just as in regular soccer no hands are allowed.
- The big ball can only be moved by using the other soccer balls. Players cannot touch the big ball.
- Teams cannot score on the same goal consecutively.
- Make the goals larger, even the entire side of the triangle.
- Play without have players in pairs.
- Have teams defend one of the three goals.