Large Group (10 and up)
Students will increase listening, memorization, and numbers abilities.
Before You Start
- Begin with a warm up of stretches.
- Review the correct way of performing an abdominal crunch.
- Practice a few reps of abdominal crunches.
- Have the participants sit in a circle.
- Instruct them to count off around the circle starting with the number one, and tell them that they MUST remember their numbers.
If possible, have students move their chairs several feet away from their desks if you’re using a classroom.
How to Play
- The game begins with one participant chosen by the adult, calling out a random number.
- The person whose number is called must immediately call out another number.
- If a participant significantly hesitates, s/he will perform five abdominal crunches.
- The participant then calls out a new number and the game continues.
Increase breath counts and reps for older participants.