Clean Your Room!
To teach moving a ball over a net.
Before You Start
- Distributed volleyballs (or soft foam balls) evenly on either side of the court before game begins.
- Review the concepts of bumping, setting and serving with volunteers. Have every player practice on an imaginary ball.
- Teach the rules of the game and ask the players to explain it back to you.
Set up a traditional volleyball court, using lines or cones for clear boundaries.
How to Play
- Divide players into two teams.
- Players are not allowed to touch any balls until you give the signal.
- When you give the signal for the game to begin, all players try to get the ball to the other side of the net.
- They can bump, set, serve, throw, etc.
- You can focus on one type of hit, or let the players choose.
- This process continues until you give the stop signal.
- The goal of the game is to have no balls left on your team’s side.
- Redistribute balls before you begin the next round.
- Change the start and stop sound for a listening challenge.
- Have teammates cheer for balls returned without them touching the ground
- Have teammates cheer for balls that are returned without touching the ground, and only volleyball techniques were used (bumps or sets, not catches and throws).