Large Group (10 and up)
To develop spatial awareness
Before You Start
- Make sure all players understand how to tag safely.
- Review that everyone gets one turn, and that students should ‘take’ the spot of the player they’ve tagged
Classroom with chairs and space to move.
How to Play
- Everyone begins standing behind his/her chair.
- A player is chosen to begin, and s/he must quickly tag another player and take his/her chair.
- The player that’s been tagged must tag another player and take his/her spot.
- Each player may only have one turn per round (tip – have players raise their hands if they have not had a turn yet).
- Each player has 5 seconds to tag another player, and the adult facilitates the game by counting down loudly for each student.
- Players can move in pairs.
- Players can have more or less time.
- Players can be required to do a special “hi-five” to “tag” someone.
- Players in the class can work together as a team to reach a certain time goal.