No equipment needed
To develop strategic thinking.
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: Throwing and rolling.
Equipment Needed: Two or more dodgeballs and four or more cones.
- Review how to throw and roll the ball underhand.
- Place students in two (or more) lines, depending on the number of players.
Place two lines of cones on either side of the playing field.
How to Play
- Students take turns throwing/rolling a dodgeball at cones attempting to knock them over.
- Encourage each student to run after her/his dodgeball after it is thrown.
- As students advance have them back up and attempt longer throws.
- As students advance form more lines and add more dodgeballs.
- Make lines of cones two feet behind both end lines of a rectangle.
- Allow two teams to compete to knock-over each other’s cones and protect their own cones.