Less Than 10 minutes
To develop eye-hand coordination
Before You Start
Review the clapping motion, which is: clap your hands, then your hands go out like your giving your two neighbors a high-five.
Form a circle with a little space between players.
How to Play
- Begin the clapping motion as soon as you start the words. There are four verses.
- Every verse is basically the same, but the body part changes.
- The verse: Czechoslovakia, boom-sha-boom, Yugoslavia, boom-sha-boom, let’s get the rhythm in our _______ (do round motion only), we’ve got the rhythm in our _______ (do all the motions).
- Blank fillers:
- Round 1: hands (motion is three claps)
- Round 2: feet (three stomps) Second blank motion is 3 stomps then 3 claps.
- Round 3: head (shake head and say ay,ay,ay). Second motion is 3 head shakes, stomps, and 3 claps.
- Round 4: hips (shake hips and say boing, boing, boing). Second motion is 3 hip shakes, 3 head shakes, 3 stomps, and 3 claps.
For more of a challenge, have everyone continuously walk in a circle.