To develop hand-eye coordination and increase listening capabilities.
Before You Start
- Review boundaries and rules, ask for questions.
- Have everyone line up in a single file behind the free throw line, facing the basket.
- Practice shooting the basketball from the free throw line.
A basketball court-sized space, using one half of the court as the boundaries.
How to Play
- The first person in line shoots from the free throw line, once the shot goes up all players in line must disperse trying to get away from the ball.
- On a made shot the player who made the shot must retrieve the basketball.
- Once s/he retrieves the basketball, they must yell freeze, at which point all the players must stand still.
- The player with the ball then rolls the ball towards a player trying to hit them with the ball.
- If the ball touches a player, that player is out of the game until the next round.
- On a missed shot, the next player in line must retrieve the ball before it bounces three times.
- Once s/he retrieves the ball they must also yell freeze, and attempt to hit someone by rolling the ball.
- If they are unsuccessful they are out of the game until the next round.
- The player who missed the shot must also run away trying to avoid the player with the ball.
- Players can receive a letter instead of immediately being out of the game.
- For instance they can use the word "B-O-W-L", and can get hit four times, to make the game more inclusive.