Thanks to our incredible group of champions and supporters, Playworks has impacted the lives of millions of children. Like many other nonprofits in our community, we are adjusting to the new reality caused by the coronavirus pandemic and we are hopeful that despite the current challenges, we will be stronger in the future and able to serve even more children.
Our commitment to supporting children, families, and schools during these turbulent times continues. Because every school we serve around the country is currently closed, Playworks saw an immediate need to ensure kids could experience safe and healthy play while following CDC guidelines related to COVID-19. So we created and launched Play at Home to ensure kids get to continue experiencing the benefits of play until schools reopen. And our goal is that Playworks will be there the very first day children return to schools, no matter when that may be.
Due to the financial strain and uncertainty, we have had to temporarily reduce 87% of our Playworks team, including staff and AmeriCorps members, impacting every community we serve. While we are hoping to rebuild as quickly as possible, we will only be able to do so with the immediate support of people like you.
This is a pivotal moment.
During these challenging times, here is how you can help immediately:
- Donate today or become a monthly donor. Your donation today will help Playworks get through these tough financial times.
- Create your own fundraiser online today and invite your community to give.
- Support Playworks with a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund.
- Introduce us to a family foundation or other organizations who are distributing emergency funding.
- Support legislation for federal nonprofit emergency relief funding.
Playworks has been working to ensure every child feels included, is active, and builds valuable social and emotional skills through play. Please, help us be there for kids for the years to come.