Get into recess by becoming a Playworks Ambassador!
What is a Playworks Ambassador?
A Playworks ambassador is an advocate and supporter of Playworks, who works to promote our mission and vision in their community. Ambassadors serve as connectors—introducing Playworks to friends, attending events, and sharing program information with their networks. This new group is critical to our program’s progression and growth, and we hope you will consider joining the movement to make healthy and safe play a reality for every kid in Colorado.
By meeting regularly with Playworks Colorado leadership, ambassadors help drive the strategic vision for Playworks and connect Playworks with like-minded individuals. As donors, ambassadors financially support our programming to ensure continued sustainability. As volunteers, ambassadors work directly with our students to model our core values of respect, inclusion, healthy play, and healthy community.
- Meet at least three times per year with a Playworks Colorado staff or board member.
- Alternatively, meet two times per year and become a regular volunteer at a Playworks school.
- At each meeting, come prepared with names and engagement strategies for at least one like-minded individual.
- Schedule recess with one friend a year.
- If applicable, help develop corporate relationship with either employer or other organization.
- Make a personally significant donation to Playworks within three months of becoming an ambassador.
- Ambassadors serve for at least one year and as many as three years.
- Fifteen ambassadors will serve at any given time.
Ruth Beauchamp – Education Consultant
Dan Cohen – Development Manager at D4 URBAN LLC
Todd Fredrickson – Managing Partner, Fisher & Phillips LLP
Paula Henry – Membership Development Manager, Mountain States Employers Council
Maggie Maxwell – Registered Representative, Principal Financial Group
Simone Ross – Director of Business Development, Delta Dental of Colorado
Lyndsy Schultz – Aduit Senior Manager at EKS&H
Ann Wesley – Retired Elementary School Principal
Michael Williams – Community Relations Officer, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement