Are you passionate about promoting the power of play? Do you want to run one of the most prestigious marathons in the world?
JOIN THE 2013 PLAYWORKS RUN FOR RECESS BOSTON MARATHON TEAM!
Playworks is once again thrilled to be an official charity of the 2013 Boston Marathon®. Last year our runners managed to raise over $75,000 to support our in and out-of-school youth development play and physical activity program! We are currently accepting applications for our 2013 Boston Marathon team with hopes that one day, every child in America will have access to safe, healthy play.
- The opportunity to adopt and run for one of our 32 Metro Boston Elementary Schools.
- Marathon training info sessions and weekly group runs with 4-time marathon coach and 2008 Boston Marathon finisher.
- One-on-one sessions with team participants to customize training programs.
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign.
- Special team dinners and happy hour events.
- Limited edition New Balance gear and additional incencitves.
- The chance to cross the finish line of the most historic marathon in history with 15,000 Playworks students cheering you on.
As a member of the team you are expected to:
– A fundraising commitment of $4,000 or more.
– Attend team training runs and info sessions (if local).
– Be at least 18-years-old on race day.
– Finish the race in less than 6 hours.
– Be an ambassador of play.
Click here to make your payment online.
Deadline to apply is