Are you passionate about promoting the power of play? Do you want to run one of the most prestigious marathons in the world?
Join in the 2012 Playworks Run for Recess Boston Marathon Team!
Powered by New Balance, Playworks is once again thrilled to be an official charity of the 2012 Boston Marathon. Last year our runners managed to raise over $50,000 to support our in and out-of-school youth development play and physical activity program! We are currently accepting applications for our 2012 Boston Marathon team with hopes that one day, every child in America will have access to safe, healthy play.
AND UNQUALIFIED RUNNERS
As a member of the team you will receive:
- The opportunity to adopt and run for one of our 32 Metro Boston Elementary Schools.
- Marathon training info sessions and weekly group runs with 4-time marathon coach and 2008 Boston Marathon finisher.
- One-on-one sessions with team participants to customize training programs.
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign.
- Special team dinners and happy hour events.
- Limited edition New Balance gear.
- The chance to cross the finish line of the most historic marathon in history with 14,000 Playworks students cheering you on.
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Raise a minimum of $4,000.
- Attend team training runs and info sessions (if local).
- Be at least 18-years-old on race day.
- Finish the race in under than 6 hours.
- Be an ambassador of play.
Join the national movement and help give Metro Boston students the opportunity to engage in healthy, meaningful play!
Playworks has a proven and scalable model and we know our program works! Last year's data indicates that:
- 97% of teachers reported an increase of physical activity during recess.
- 88% of teachers reported a decrease in bullying.
- 92% of teachers reported an increase in students' abilities to focus in the classroom.
To apply to join our Marathon team:
Click here to download our application.
Once you've filled it out, e-mail it to CJ Strauss
at email@example.com or fax it to 617-849-5791
Get ready to run for recess!
Click here to make your payment online.
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 28th.