Run for Play. Run for Transforming Schools.
We believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. Playworks is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform children’s social and emotional health. We are changing school culture by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional schools. Kids need to play.
Join Team Playworks and run the 2017 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon to help amplify the power of play in Southern California.
Whether you are running your first marathon, your 10th marathon, or you are a cyclist, triathlete, or other endurance athlete, we welcome you to join our team!
As a member of the team you will receive:
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign
- Special team dinners and happy hour events
- Limited edition New Balance gear and additional incentives
- The chance to cross the finish line of the most historic marathon in history with Team Playworks cheering you on
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $650 or more
- Be at least 16 years or older (on race day)
- Comply with Los Angeles Marathon Event Rules and all Official Charity Program regulations and deadlines
- Start with the official start and complete the course in six and a half hours (6:30:59)
- Be an ambassador of play
If you have any questions please contact Myra Petgrave at email@example.com. To join the Playworks “Run for Play!” LA Marathon Team for the 2017 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, begin by registering to fundraise with us and Playworks will be in touch to get you in the game. We are so excited to #run4pLAy!
This event is now over.