Are you passionate about promoting the power of play? Do you want to run one of the most prestigious marathons in the world?
JOIN THE 2015 PLAYWORKS RUN FOR RECESS BOSTON MARATHON TEAM!
Playworks is thrilled to be an official charity of the John Hancock Non-Profit Partner Boston Marathon Program. Over the past four years our runners have collectively raised $250,000 to support our in- and out-of-school youth development play and physical activity program! We are currently accepting applications for our 2015 Boston Marathon team with hopes that one day, every child in America will have access to safe, healthy play.
As a member of the team you will receive:
- The opportunity to adopt and run for one of our 28 Massachusetts elementary schools.
- Marathon training info sessions and monthly group runs with four-time Boston Marathon Runner and full-time Running Coach.
- One-on-one sessions with team participants to customize training programs.
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign.
- Special team dinners and happy hour events.
- Limited edition New Balance gear and additional incentives.
- The chance to cross the finish line of the most historic marathon in history with 14,000 Playworks students cheering you on.
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $7,000 or more.
- Attend team training runs and info sessions (if local).
- Be at least 18-years-old on race day.
- Finish the race in less than 6 hours.
- Be an ambassador of play.
To join the Playworks Run for Recess Boston Marathon Team fill out this brief form and Playworks will be in touch to get you in the game:
UPDATE: As of December 1, 2014, we have recruited a complete team of runners for the 2015 Playworks Boston Marathon Team. However, we appreciate your interest in our marathon team and our work in the community. If you would like to submit an interest form to be considered for the wait list, please complete "register now" information and we will be in touch regarding the process.