2019 PLAYWORKS FALMOUTH ROAD RACE TEAM
Playworks is thrilled to be an official charity for the Falmouth Road Race. This year the New Balance Falmouth Road Race will celebrate its 46th running, and the spirit which made the first Falmouth so special is still present. This beautiful 7.1-mile race takes runners along the beautiful coast of Cape Cod. More than 12,000 runners will gather in Woods Hole for the 2019 race, including many of the world’s elite, though the essence of the event remains a fun run. Sponsored by New Balance, the race is one of the showcase events in distance running and is woven into the fabric of summer on Cape Cod, like Fourth of July fireworks and Labor Day weekend cookouts.
We will have six runners in the race representing Playworks. This team has the goal to raise more than $7,500 to support our in and out of school youth development play and physical activity programs. If you are interested in running the 2019 Falmouth Road Race on behalf of Playworks, please complete this application or email Rachel Brandt for more information about our team.
As a member of the team you will receive:
- The opportunity to support our programming in more than 210 New England elementary schools
- One-on-one sessions with team participants to customize training programs
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign
- Limited-edition New Balance gear and additional incentives
- The chance to cross the finish line of the historic Falmouth Road Race
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $1,000 or more
- Be at least 10 years old on race day
- Finish the race in less than two and a half hours
- Be an ambassador of play
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Brandt at email@example.com.