2018 PLAYWORKS RUN FOR RECESS BOSTON MARATHON TEAM
Playworks is thrilled to be an official charity of the John Hancock Non-Profit Partner Boston Marathon Program. Over the past five years, our runners have collectively raised $415,000 to support our in- and out-of-school youth development play and physical activity programs. If you are interested in running the Boston Marathon on behalf of Playworks, please fill out an interest form here to receive an application or more information about our team.
As a member of the team you will receive:
- The opportunity to adopt and run for one of our 120 New England elementary schools
- Marathon training info sessions and monthly group runs with four-time Boston Marathon runner and full-time running coach
- One-on-one sessions with team participants to customize training programs
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign
- Special team dinners and happy hour events
- Limited-edition New Balance gear and additional incentives
- The chance to cross the finish line of the most historic marathon in history with 60,000 Playworks students cheering you on
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $7,500 or more
- Attend team training runs and info sessions (if local)
- Be at least 18 years old on race day
- Finish the race in less than six hours
- Be an ambassador of play
If you have any questions please contact Karleen Herbst at email@example.com. To join the Playworks Run for Recess Boston Marathon Team for the 2018 Boston Marathon, fill out this brief form and Playworks will be in touch to get you in the game.
The John Hancock Boston Marathon Non-Profit Program offers local organizations the opportunity to secure invitational entries into the race. These entries provide a significant fundraising opportunity and important exposure for these nonprofits. In 2016, over a thousand John Hancock sponsored nonprofit runners, including 175 John Hancock and Manulife employees and clients, raised $10.6 million for 180 local charities, and Pathways to Education Canada. Learn more about the John Hancock Boston Marathon Non-Profit Program.