Despite the freezing temperatures and the threat of more snow, more than 100 guests attended the Playworks Tailgate Party for Monday Night Football with the Detroit Lions facing on reigning Superbowl champions Baltimore Ravens. Former Detroit Lions Ron Rice, Alan Houston and Scott Conover attended the event. They were joined by Playworks board members Kareim Cade, Marilyn Gray, Denise Brooks-Williams and Mary Koerner, along with fans from the Metro Detroit Association of Health Underwriters, Booz Allen Hamilton, Bennett Elementary, Star International Academy and Henry Ford Health System Wyandotte Campus. The tailgate party was underwritten by a generous donation from HFHS – Wyandotte.
Silent auction items included:
- Playworks package with two tickets to the December 22 Lions s. Giants game
- Homemade pies delivered to your home or office
- In home wine Tasting for 16 guests
- Overnight stay at the Townsend Hotel
- Overnight stay at the MGM Grand Hotel and dinner for two at TAP
- X BOX 360 Kinect with games
- Lia Sophia necklace
- Gift certificates to Cliff Bells and Fishbones
- Resume writing consultation
- Reggie Bush autographed jersey
- Glover Quin autographed football
The event raised more than $6,000. Thank you to everyone who came out to support Playworks Michigan!
For more pictures from the event, please visit our Facebook Page.