The Playworks Detroit 2013 Bring a Lunch, Play a Bunch Campaign is a healthy living campaign designed to highlight the importance of children receiving access to safe, healthy play and opportunities for physical activity, while involving corporations and individuals by highlighting the importance of eating well and being physically active.
The month long campaign uses the ideal that the average person spends $40/week on unhealthy lunch options. Even more, for just $80, you can provide recess and other options for physical activity and play for one child for an entire year! Using this concept, Playworks requests a donation of lunch money from individuals and employees of area corporations. In exchange, they will receive a lunch bag with tips for packing a healthy lunch, ideas to increase physical activity, and other healthy living materials.
The campaign, which runs until May 31st, will culminate on June 4th when participants are asked to join Playworks and Detroit Mayor, Dave Bing at Campus Martius Park for lunch and Recess.
Event Target Audience/Anticipated attendance
- Corporations within metro Detroit
- Community members
- 1250 – 1500 anticipated participants
- What: Playworks Detroit Bring a Lunch, Play a Bunch Campaign
- When: Now through May 31st
- Location: Your workplace
- Cost: Your lunch money!
- What: Recess Day with the Mayor
- When: Tuesday, June 4, 2013
- Location: Campus Martius Park
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Cost: Free Event; Limited sponsorships available
Thank you to our Event Sponsors: