The Playworks Detroit 2012 Get in the Game luncheon and Game Changer Awards, sponsored in part by MGM Grand Detroit, is a signature event to recognize individuals, companies and organizations who are making a positive impact on the well-being of Detroit.
Invited guests will include award recipients, sponsors and their guests, honorary committee members, foundations, corporate, business and government leaders.
There is no charge for the event, but we hope guests will consider a contribution to Playworks, although it is not mandated.
This hour and a half interactive luncheon begins with recess games, a Playworks photo gallery and mingling, followed by a pre-set lunch, a video highlighting the Playworks mission, Game Changer Awards presented by Playworks youth, and a wrap up by Playworks Executive Director Jeaninne Gant.
GAME CHANGER AWARD RECIPIENTS
Award recipients were selected by Playworks staff and board based on four Playworks core values: healthy community, respect, inclusion and healthy play.
The following organizations have been nominated:
- Healthy Play – Come Play Detroit – a very cool adult league whose mission is to essentially encourage young professionals to play, live and work in Detroit.
- Respect – Detroit 2020, WXYZ-TV for their visible and notable efforts to unify, inspire change and help make Detroit a better place to live, work and raise families.
- Inclusion – Excellent Schools Detroit, a collaboration of foundations, community and civic leaders actively encouraging a continued dynamic conversatoin (with action) about creating the best schools possible for children in Detroit.
- Healthy Community – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan for their active community involvement and support of initiatives that promote the health and wellbeing of adults and children in our community.
- Community Service Award – Motor City Chapter, Jack and Jill of America, Inc. for notable efforts of this organization, its members and youth to be of service to Detroit, making it a better place to live, work and raise families.
- Corporate, community, and civic leaders
- 250 anticipated attendees
- Honorary Committee of key civic leaders
- What: Playworks Detroit Get in the Game Luncheon
- When: Wednesday, March 21, 2012
- Location: Hall of Legends at Ford Field
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Cost: Donations accepted
- Proceeds: Benefit Playworks Detroit
2012 HONORARY COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
President – Great Lakes Region
Dr. Betty Chu
President, Medical Staff
William Beaumont Hospital
President and CEO
Elder Automotive Group
President and Chairman
The WW Group, Inc.
Dee Dee Odom
Director, Public Affairs
MGM Grand Detroit
Alan S. Schwartz
Honigman, Miller, Schwartz and Cohn, L.L.P.
Reginald M. Turner
Member, Executive Committee
Henry Ford Academy – CCS