Playworks is thrilled to be an official charity of the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Over the past four years, our runners have generously raised funds to support Illinois students’ engagement in safe, rewarding play and physical activity throughout the school day.
We believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid, and in supporting Team Playworks, you will help us continue our mission to improve the health and well-being of children by increasing opportunities for healthy, safe, and inclusive play.
Join TEAM PLAYWORKS for the 2017 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
By joining Team Playworks, you are helping us change school climates and build tomorrow’s citizens by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day.
As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to:
- Adopt and run for one of our 13 Chicago-area elementary schools*
- Participate in a Nike-sponsored training program
- Network with team participants
- Fundraise throughout the campaign
- Join a special team dinner and site visit at one of our partner schools
- Receive limited-edition Playworks gear and additional incentives
- Cross the finish line with more than 9,000 Playworks students cheering you on
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $1,000 or more
- Be at least 18-years-old on race day
- Finish the race in less than six hours
- Be an ambassador of play
If you have any questions, please contact Lee Ann Eiland, development manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To join Team Playworks, fill out this brief form and we will be in touch to get you in the game.
If you are unable to run, you can still support the team and our work in low-income schools in the Chicago area. Please visit our fundraising page to donate.
*Bank of America Chicago Marathon charity runners must pay their own registration fees.