Playworks is thrilled to be an official charity of the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Over the past four years our runners have generously raised funds to support Illinois students’ engagement in safe, rewarding play and physical activity throughout the school day.
We believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid, and your support on “Team Playworks” will help us continue our mission is to improve the health and well-being of children by increasing opportunities for healthy, safe, and inclusive play.
Join TEAM PLAYWORKS for the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
By joining Team Playworks you are helping us change school climates and build tomorrow’s citizens by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day.
As a member of the team you will receive:
- The opportunity to adopt and run for one of our 14 Chicago area elementary schools.*
- Participation in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon sponsored Nike training program.
- Networking with team participants.
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign.
- Special team dinner and site visit at one of our partner schools.
- Limited edition Playworks gear and additional incentives.
- The chance to cross the finish line with more than 9,000 Playworks students cheering you on.
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $1,000 or more.
- Be at least 18-years-old on race day.
- Finish the race in less than six hours.
- Be an ambassador of play!
If you have any questions, please contact Lee Ann Eiland, development manager, at email@example.com. To join Team Playworks, fill out this brief form and we will be in touch to get you in the game.
If you are unable to run, you can still support the team and our work in low-income schools in the Chicago area. Please visit our fundraising page to donate.
*Bank of America Chicago Marathon charity runners must pay their own registration fee.