Facilitation 101 Overview
Strong facilitation is key to communicating effectively and supporting participants to deepen their understanding of important skills and content. In this module, we’ll cover the basics of facilitation and at the end of the course, there will be questions related to facilitation. During the on-site Training of Trainers (TOT) sessions in February, we won’t specifically review strong address facilitation techniques, but general facilitation practices will be part of the in-person assessment (see the “General Observation” form below).
- Review the “Facilitation 101” objectives.
- Review the “Training of Trainers – Facilitation Techniques” handout.
- Review the “General Observation” form.
Facilitation 101 Objectives
Learners will be able to:
- Identify seven facilitation strategies
- Model facilitation strategies
- Recognize the “General Observation” form, used during TOT sessions
Please note that this is a general observation form which we will use as part of the overall training assessment for each participant. In addition, the Power of Play and Group Management 1 trainings (which can be found in the following modules) include separate observation forms as well.
Before the Training (Optional)
Practice using three of the seven facilitation strategies or recall situations when you have personally used three of the strategies.