On August 1, Playworks introduces its newest service, PlayworksU. Educators asked for bite-sized online courses to reinforce and introduce play-based strategies throughout the school day. Over a nine month period, over 1000 teachers, school staff and principals tested out 19 modules on topics ranging from Group Management to Games Facilitation. Based on their feedback and countless one-on-one interviews, the team at Playworks developed PlayworksU Foundations.
Built to complement our in-person services or stand alone, annual site subscriptions provide 24/7, on-demand access for up to 50 school staff.
Courses on Group Management and the Power of Play include:
- 1-2 introductory modules that orient learners to the topic and strategies
- 5-7 beginner level skill-building modules focused on developing competence in a single strategy, approach or practice.
- 1-2 implementation-focused modules address transfer-of-learning and playful application of Playworks strategies.
A typical module includes:
- Topic introduction and guided reflection
- Strategy demonstration videos
- Resources from schools successfully implementing Playworks programs
- Self-assessments for learners to check their own understanding
- Job aides to support implementation of skills learned, facilitation of team meetings or strategic planning activities