Large Group (10 and up)
listening, honesty, strategic thinking, planning, listening to directions
Before You Start
Practice the call and response of “I am the Chi Master” with them responding “You are the Chi Master”. Introduce the 3 different movements: Chi Master Salutation (bow), The Crane, and The Sonic Boom.
Decide if you want the kids in one straight line or in a semi-circle so you can see them all and identify who’s not following along. It’s helpful to use pre-existing lines already painted for this.
How to Play
- Have students stand about one foot apart in either a straight line or a semi circle.
- Adult always begins new rounds by saying “I am the Chi Master!” and students respond “You are the Chi Master!”.
- Adult then counts 1…2…3! On the “three,” students pick one of the 3 predetermined movements to show (Chi Master Salutation, The Crane, or the Sonic Boom).
- The adult also picks any one of the 3 motions to show.
- If the students do the same motion as the adult, they are out.
- The object for the students is to NOT to do what the adult does.
- Students must do a consequence (5 jumping jacks, etc) instead of being out
- Connect it to what the kids are learning in class (plant cycle, larva cycle, etc)