All Open Positions
Manager, Internal Projects and Operations
ABOUT PLAYWORKS, at Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing the school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, and consultative partnerships.
ABOUT THE ROLE, as the Manager of Internal Projects & Operations, you will have an immediate impact on our productivity, planning and managing and executing projects outlined by the CEO, COO, and executive team. The Manager will ensure these projects are organized and managed to support completion with a high degree of quality and thoughtful process. The position will also be responsible for supporting the COO in managing the agendas and follow up actions and communications of the senior leadership team. The role also manages some aspects of operations and administration which include coordination and management of vendors and contractors.
The Manager of Internal Projects & Operations is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the COO and based in our Oakland, CA office with hybrid in-person and remote schedule. Management and supervision consists of an Administrative Assistant.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Manage Internal Projects
- Staff weekly senior leadership team meetings, creating agendas with the COO and seeking information and presenters as needed to inform the group and support its decision making. Draft and/or share communications related to key decisions or status on processes at the direction and in collaboration with the COO.
- Provide project planning support for strategic initiatives such as strategic planning, annual budget development process and all staff retreat.
- Support planning and lead execution for key internal meetings such as the All Staff calls, Quarterly Org-wide Summits and monthly leadership team meetings.
- Plan for and/or support planning for selected team retreats.
- Own the coordination of collaborative communication channels such as organization wide informational notice to the organization, weekly headquarters communication tool.
- Create project plans and presentations for other emerging needs with the COO and executive team to operationalize discussions and decisions.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Support HQ Operations Function
- Directly supervise one team member, an administrative assistant.
- Oversee some operational vendor management and processes.
- Ensure hat the internal website is up to date and meets the needs of our teams.
- Coordinate Board meeting logistics.
- Coordinate content for the board book with the CEO, CFO, COO.
- Coordinate the new board member onboarding tasks and scheduling.
- Record the meeting minutes and note actionable items.
- Ensure that Board communications are sent in consultation with the CEO.
- Other assignments TBD.
- Commitment to Playworks’ mission, operation and culture
- Demonstrated experience in operations and project management, and/or program or system development and management. Demonstrated experience with working with distributed teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain inclusive relationships with wide array of internal and external stakeholders, from diverse backgrounds and diverse work styles
- Experience using collaboration tools and methods to achieve results on large scale projects with tight timelines, across departments and geographies, within team and with external partners and indirect reports
- Demonstrated coordination skills with vendors and/or consultants, assigns clear responsibilities and actively drives toward project performance
- Flexible with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills –both formal and informal to wide variety of audiences, with ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner and with a style appropriate to the audiences
Playworks offers the full package - great benefits, a fun place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally.
- At Playworks, our starting salary takes into consideration internal pay equity, geographic pay differential and robust external market data. We highly value transparency and equity within compensation and therefore are committed to adhering to established compensation pay points.The salary for this position based in the SF Bay Area is $78,900.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k), employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts.
- Generous Flex PTO policy with paid sick and holiday leave.
If working hard while making room for play sounds like your ideal place to work, then apply online to join our team:
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
- References will be requested.
We are committed to racial equity, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, indigenous people, gender non-binary people, and people with historically more marginalized identities to apply for open positions. Our core values of cultivate play, center equity, continue learning and collaborate within communities are the foundation of our organization and are infused in all aspects of our work.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If that is you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself!
As an equal opportunity program, Playworks encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, faith, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. Playworks evaluates all candidates for employment, volunteering opportunities or board service on a merit basis.
Life at Playworks
Want to know more Playworks and how you can help bring out the best in thousands of kids?