Conquer 26.2 miles, the Stadium vs. Sea Charity Challenge, or a family-friendly 5K. Transform 500,000 lives.
Kids need to play, and we need your help. Join Team Playworks and run the 2018 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon to help transform the lives of children in your community.
Playworks is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform children’s social and emotional health. We believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing school culture by creating a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills.
Whether you are running your first marathon or your 100th marathon or you are a cyclist, triathlete, or another endurance athlete, we welcome you to join our team!
As a member of the team you will receive:
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign
- Special team dinners and happy hour events
- Limited edition New Balance gear, Playworks swag, and additional incentives
- The chance to cross the finish line of the most historic marathon in history and to receive a finisher’s medal with Team Playworks cheering you on
- The chance to compete with a team of like-minded, passionate individuals with prizes including a Play Day, Corporate Recess, and more if certain fundraising goals are met
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $1,000 or more if you register for the Marathon Race (26.2 miles from Dodgers Stadium to Santa Monica)
- Make a fundraising commitment of $800 or more if you register for the Stadium vs. Sea Charity Challenge Race (select first or second section of Marathon course)
- Make a fundraising commitment of $350 or more if you register for the LA BIG 5K Race (3.1 miles begins/ends at Dodgers Stadium)
- Create and share a personalized fundraising page
- Be at least 16 years or older (on race day) if you are running the Marathon or Charity Challenge. The family-friendly 5K is open to participants of all ages and abilities, including runners, walkers, and strollers
- Comply with Los Angeles Marathon Event Rules and all Official Charity Program regulations and deadlines
- Start with the official start and complete the course in six and a half hours (6:30:59) if you are running the Marathon
- Be an ambassador for play
To join the Playworks “Run for Play!” LA Marathon Team for the 2018 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, Stadium vs. Sea Charity Challenge or LA BIG 5K, begin by registering to fundraise with us below. Playworks will be in touch to get you in the game. We are so excited to #run4pLAy!
If you have any questions please contact Myra Petgrave at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Myra Petgrave at Myra.Petgrave@playworks.org