Skills Practiced: Repetition and memorization
- Have the whole group stand in a circle.
- Demonstrate how to speak loudly while doing a large movement.
- Have everyone repeat your name and movement.
- The first person begins the circle rotation by loudly saying his/her name while at the same time doing a movement.
- The whole group repeats back the name and movement.
- The next student says her/his name and does a movement of his/her own.
- Again whole group repeats back her name and movement.
- This call and response continues around the circle until everyone has gotten a turn.
- For a second rotation specify the kind of movement the students are to make- must leave the ground, must land on one foot, must spin around, etc.
- Pre-K: Send students into the middle of the circle to do their movement so everyone can see.
To learn everyone’s name