Practice the call and response of "I am the Chi Master" with them responding "You are the Chi Master". Introduce the 3 different movements: Chi Master Salutation (bow), The Crane, and The Sonic Boom.
Decide if you want the kids in one straight line or in a semi-circle so you can see them all and identify who's not following along. It's helpful to use pre-existing lines already painted for this.
- Have students stand about one foot apart in either a straight line or a semi circle.
- Adult always begins new rounds by saying "I am the Chi Master!" and students respond "You are the Chi Master!".
- Adult then counts 1...2...3! On the “three,” students pick one of the 3 predetermined movements to show (Chi Master Salutation, The Crane, or the Sonic Boom).
- The adult also picks any one of the 3 motions to show.
- If the students do the same motion as the adult, they are out.
- The object for the students is to NOT to do what the adult does.
- Students must do a consequence (5 jumping jacks, etc) instead of being out
- Connect it to what the kids are learning in class (plant cycle, larva cycle, etc)
listening, honesty, strategic thinking, planning, listening to directions