Play It Again
Recent blog posts
- Parents Persuade School District to Create Recess Policy
- Game of the Week: Land, Sea, Air
- Honoring a Great Youth Development Worker
- Game of the Week: Freeze Tag
- Field Day Games to Play
- Game of the Week: Ro Sham Bo Relay
- Schools Should Provide Students with 30+ Minutes of Physical Activity Each Day
- Playworks AmeriCorps Member Meets the President
- To Improve School Climate and Student Learning, Examine Recess
- Changing Behavior Changes More Than the Playground
- A review of studies this month, brought about some many interesting statistics. One that many shared was "28% of schools with children in the highest poverty levels have no recess at all." Sad that play isn't equitable.
"Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity." -Kay Redfield Jamison
Some fantastic tips for a playful and healthy lifestyle from ModernMom: “Fitness Experiment: Move Like An Eight Year Old!”
Some wonderful “Ways to empower kids to take charge of their health”. Kids deserve the opportunity to take ownership.
We love that you love Jill Vialet's TEDxABQ Talk. "It's a moral imperative to build schools where we would send our own children" - Jill Vialet.
Have you seen any hot posts on play, recess and/or physical activity? Share them in the comments below!