The organized chaos of our homes and our classrooms is often fondly termed a zoo. It is only appropriate to use that term to name this week's game. Introducing animal names, movements and sounds to young learners is not only fun, but a great skills builder. Try this simple yet rewaring game. The Game of the Week is Zoo!
Skills Practiced: Listening, knowledge of letters and animals
- Make sure everyone know the boundaries for the game.
- Give players several examples of animals.
- Remind everyone to be aware of others around them.
- Give players a signal to begin and to freeze.
Create safe boundaries.
- Give players the begin signal. Everyone will walk in the region like the animal of her/his choice, but must be silent.
- Give the freeze signal. All players must freeze and make the sound of her/his animal.
- Give players the option to switch to a new animal.
- As students begin to learn sounds or letters better, give the class a sound of a letter or letter itself, and all students must be an animal that starts with that sound or letter. Review any new animals chosen afterward so everyone can learn sounds and animals.
Find more new and exciting games in our games database!