Group Size: Less than 10
Before You Start:
- Divide everyone into small groups of up to twelve and have them form a tight circle.
How to Play:
- The players take one hand and grab the hand of anyone in the group except the people standing next to them.
- The players take their other hand and grab the hand of anyone in the group except the people standing next to them and the person they are already holding hands with.
- The challenge is to get untangled without letting go of each other's hands.
- Emphasize that getting untangled requires a lot of communication and cooperation.
- Make the groups larger.
- Add restrictions to their communication methods.
Love implementing Game of the Week? Playworks offers professional development programs that will teach your staff to use recess and playtime to improve health and support learning. Curious to learn more? Submit the Training Assessment form and a local Playworks representative will respond directly.